DMGS’ COMMENCEMENT WEEKEND EVENTS:
Board of Advisors Meeting:
• BOA/Executive Committee only
• When: 3-5 PM, Saturday May 18
• Where: DMGS, 7th floor conference room
• Point of Contact: Dr. Cynkin
• Open to entire DMGS Community: Graduates, Students, Alumni, Faculty, Staff, BOA/BOT
• When: Saturday, May 18, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
• Where: 1620 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20036; 3rd Floor reception area and terrace
• What: Heavy Hors D’Oeuvres, Wine/Beer/Soft Drinks
• RSVP: email@example.com
Commencement By Invitation:
- All Participants should report no later than 9:30 AM to the Ballroom at the south end of the Second Floor of The Army and Navy Club
- Continental breakfast will be served beginning at 8:00 AM in the corridor outside the Ballroom.
- Reception in rooms adjacent to the Ballroom immediately after the ceremony.
- Please RSVP by Wednesday, May 16 to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ARMY AND NAVY CLUB ON FARRAGUT SQUARE
• Location: 901 Seventeenth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006
• The Army and Navy Club provides valet parking for $13;
• Public parking lots in the neighborhood charge discounted weekend rates;
• No-cost parking on street, except for designated “No Parking Anytime” spaces.
PLACES TO STAY:
1. Hyatt Place, 1522 K Street, NW, Washington DC 20005; 202-830-1900
2. Capital Hilton, 1001 16th Street, NW, Washington DC 20036; 202-393-1000
3. The Mayflower, 1127 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington DC; 202-347-3000
4. Kimpton Hotel Madera, 1310 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, 2020-296-7600
5. Hotel 1600, 1600 Rhode Island Ave, NW, 202-293-8000
6. Kimpton Hotel Rouge, 1315 16th Street, NW, 202-232-8000
7. The Embassy Row Hotel, 2015 Massachusetts Ave, NW, 202-265-1600
8. Kimpton Topaz Hotel, 1733 N Street, NW, 202-393-3000
9. St. Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle, 2033 M Street, NW, 202-530-3600
10. The Dupont Circle, 1500 New Hampshire Ave, NW, 202-483-6000
11. Tabard Inn, 1739 N Street, NW, 202-785-1277
12. Hotel RL Washington DC, 1823 L Street, NW 571-606-3700
INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES:
Regalia orders due to Registrar by no later than April 12, 2019 @ 12 noon
Pick up for regalia will take place May 13-16 in Registrar’s Office; 10am-5pm.
Regalia dressing room/staging and regalia drop off location: Arnold Room.
Our event photographer will be Mr. Mark F. Jones. He will take photographs of the ceremony, group shorts of graduates with family and friends, and candid shots at the reception.
Faculty members who need to rent regalia should complete the form sent to them by Associate Dean Dr. Dinello.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
Registrar: Ms. Cassandra Creek, email@example.com, 202-897-4148
Director of Student Services: Ms. Tisia Saffold, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-838-1504
Event Logistics: Ms. Marya Pickering, email@example.com, 703-967-5023