SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security offers a professional and executive education that is easily tailored to students who either currently work in, or those who wish to pursue a career in the national security community. DMGS is seeking a Registrar to handle all duties and responsibilities related to the Office of the Registrar. Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan and manage course registration process including advanced registration, advising students to program and degree requirements, and communications to faculty regarding registered students.
• Prepare class and exam schedule each semester for distribution to students, faculty, and the public including entering semester courses into SONIS, creating and publishing the annual Academic Catalogue & participating in curriculum committees.
• Responsible for ensuring all degrees and honors designations are awarded and assures all graduation recommendations are distributed and returned to the appropriate offices. Will also be responsible for ordering diplomas and certificates and assisting with graduation.
• Collecting, recording, maintaining, dissemination and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines. This includes grades, registration date, transcripts, mid-term verification, eligibility, degree audits and monitoring academic standing (probation/suspension).
• Advise students who are referred with academic probation and suspension concerns and review degree plan progress.
• Serves as campus FERPA Compliance Officer. This will include providing FERPA workshops.
• Prepare and administer departmental budget.
• Contribute to the implementation of other SONIS modules that support Financial Aid, Admissions, Faculty, and Student Services.
• Align academic processes to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, and other regulatory standards and requirements.
• Assume others duties as assigned especially those in support of the licensure and accreditation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The position requires sedentary work and movement throughout the facility, including exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred).
• Three years of experience working in an administrative capacity within higher education.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and customer service skills.
• Strong computer application skills: proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Three years of registrar experience in an educational setting.
• Experience with the application of student information systems (preferably SONIS).
• Experience in international student advising.
• Experience with Veteran’s Administration and VA Benefits.
DMGS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
United States (Required)