On October 10, 2018, Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security (DMGS) students convened for a career workshop with Los Alamos National Laboratory, whose mission is to solve national security challenges through scientific excellence. All students had the opportunity to individually discuss available career opportunities with Jon Ventura, Senior Advisor at Los Alamos.
Mr. Ventura highlighted the fields of sciences, arts, and engineering to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in:
- National, Global, and Energy Security;
- Environment and Climate Science;
- Medicine and Public Health;
- Nonproliferation and Counterterrorism;
- Communications and Graphic Design;
- Computer and Information Science;
- Space Exploration and Biology;
- Economics and Accounting; and
- Intelligence and Counterintelligence.
This event was hosted by DMGS’ Career Services to assist students with diverse backgrounds prepare for the national security community. In an effort to employ students in this community, DMGS will continue to host similar events.