At the Daniel Morgan Graduate School of National Security (DMGS), we realize the importance of diversity and inclusion both in the workplace and in our student population, which is why we have made diversity and inclusion one of our top priorities. Our Office of Diversity and Inclusion is focusing its efforts and resources into diverse communities.
The School’s Diversity & Inclusion vision is: To be reflective of the Nation we serve, we are putting diversity into action to cultivate a qualified bench of future national security leaders to ensure the national security community represents every American community.
Specifically, we seek to:
- Attract the best talent from diverse communities
- Be a recognized leader in inclusion and leadership diversity
- Be the graduate school of choice for diverse student populations interested in the national security space
- Leverage diversity and inclusion for the growth and success of the Academy and our country as a whole
At the core of this vision is a focus on three pillars: Talent, Students and Communities. We have priorities aligned to our growth strategy and the opportunity to contribute to one of the greatest needs for the national security community.
We will focus on the following priorities through 2020:
- Talent: Accelerate full inclusion to attract, retain and enable the best talent and to increase DMGS leadership diversity.
- Students: Lead in producing top graduates and cultivate a qualified bench of future national security leaders that reflect the diversity of our nation
- Communities: Strengthen relationships between the national security academic community and communities of diversity through strategic partnership, cultural competency work and academic excellence.
The national security community is also stressing the importance of diversity and inclusion in their workforce. This is what the national security community is saying on diversity and inclusion:
“The imperative to promote diversity and inclusion is also critical for our national security workforce.” ~ Presidential Memorandum on Promoting Diversity and Inclusion in the National Security Workforce, Office of the Press Secretary, The White House
“We will continue to enrich our workforce by targeting diverse communities across the United States to meet our talent needs, with dedicated programs for citizens of African, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, South Asian, and Native American descent; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals; Persons with Disabilities; Veterans; and Women.” ~ CIA Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
The FBI’s commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion is also integrated into leadership and career development, recruitment, staffing, workforce planning and sustainability. At every level and in every position, embracing unique perspectives is what guides the FBI in achieving its mission. ~ FBI Diversity Statistics and Study